Coordinator, Operations Support - Bentonville, AR
Location: Bentonville, AR (remote and onsite work)
Ready to make a difference in the lives of people and pets?
Do you love working as part of a dynamic team, alongside fellow staff and volunteers who are passionate about providing world class care to animals and service to people? Do you have a get-it-done attitude and love to problem solve? Are you often complimented about your rock star organizational skills? Then look no further – your dream job awaits!
The Coordinator of Operations Support will work with a team of passionate, dedicated individuals who juggle a busy day-to-day, collaborate with other teams, network with animal shelters and rescue groups, all in the service of caring for animals. This position will provide support for all operations including project management, vendor agreements, supply management, data collection and record keeping
We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in a team setting, someone who is a flexible, uber organized, problem solving guru, and comfortable wearing multiple hats. If this describes you, then we need to meet!
Culture Statement and Responsibility: We value attitude over aptitude, and we treat Kindness as a discipline because it is paramount in our culture along with our other Guiding Principles. Culture is how we talk to and treat ourselves and one another, it’s how we generate and respond to change, it’s how we plan and make decisions, it’s how we do what we do.
- Demonstrate kindness and the Golden Rule in our everyday actions by practicing inclusion and respect for every person for the value they bring to the table. Be a role model for the spirit of authenticity, kindness and positive influence with each other, our visitors, and volunteers as well as to the animals every day. This includes listening, being present, being supportive of others and demonstrating compassion and curiosity in conflict.
- Coordinate or provide support for all operational departments as necessary, including but not limited to inventory and supply management and ordering; maintenance of data and other records; supporting financial activities, coding, reconciliation, and reports; supporting human resources activities as necessary; supporting building, grounds, and vehicle maintenance; and vendor communications.
- Serve as a Best Friends ambassador, providing information to partners or responding to inquiries, by phone and email or other means; enthusiastically represent Best Friends’ work and no-kill goals to supporters and other stakeholders; address client dissatisfaction in conjunction with department leaders; provide direct support and assist with lifesaving and care programs.
- Work collaboratively with and assist Best Friends’ team members in all areas of operations to develop, evolve, and implement efficient processes to achieve lifesaving goals; follow policies, procedures, and task lists, including accurate and timely communications, work completion, data entry, and recordkeeping.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Customer-centric, non-judgmental approach to engaging with adopters, partners, visitors, volunteers, and colleagues; familiarity and comfort with nonjudgmental philosophies.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Must have excellent communication skills with bilingual or multi-lingual skills preferred but not required.
- Ability to work with, leash, kennel, walk, and handle all cats and dogs, including those with health and/or behavior conditions/concerns; basic ability to identify and speak to medical and behavioral characteristics of dogs and cats.
- Resourceful, get-it-done attitude; initiative to assist in any area or process; problem solving, seeking answers independently and enthusiastically; flexibility to persist until goals are achieved.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player, personable, professional, and able to get along with people from different backgrounds, as well as the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with well-developed organization skills to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products; familiarity with shelter software/animal management software, or desire to learn.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Must be able to:
- Routinely lift 40 pounds and perform daily strenuous activity including, but not limited to lifting, carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, cleaning, and bending.
- Work at a computer or driving a car for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, sitting, arm, and hand motion.
- Work indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Exposure to dogs, cats and other animals of all sizes, temperaments, and medical status.
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays, when needed.
- Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule; position includes weekends, nights and holiday work.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or domestic partner status.