Utility & Street Field Supervisor
$22.00 to $26.00 per hour DOQ
Reports to: Public Works Director
Supervises: Five (5) field employees
Normal work hours: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Join the City of Cave Springs, Arkansas Public Works Department in this key leadership position for improving the water distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, stormwater systems, streets, and parks to meet the City’s growing needs.
Cave Springs is one of the fastest growing and most prosperous cities in Arkansas, but it retains its small town charm with a population of approximately 6,000 people. The area is rich in history and full of outdoor recreational opportunities. Cave Springs is located within minutes of the Northwest Arkansas metro area of 546,725 people which has a vibrant business community including corporate headquarters for Walmart, Tyson Foods, JB Hunt, Daisy Outdoor Products, and Car-Mart. Geographically Cave Springs is on the Springfield Plateau of the Ozark Mountains only 6 miles from the XNA national airport, within 25 miles of the University of Arkansas and 3 other colleges, and less than 60 miles to 10 state and national parks and forests. Highly rated Bentonville Public Schools and Rogers Public Schools provide K-12 education for Cave Springs. Enjoy the peaceful City of Cave Springs which was ranked as the safest city in Arkansas.
The Utility & Street Field Supervisor reports to the Public Works Director and supervises field employees for the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of the water utilities, sewer utilities, stormwater systems, streets, and public parks. They must provide daily oversight, leadership and guidance for field personnel to ensure work is efficiently and effectively completed in compliance with local, state, and federal requirements. They are responsible to fulfill goals and deadlines of the department.
This position is both a leadership and a technician position with administrative and field duties. Providing leadership by example, employee training, and excellent service in the field are essential in this position.
- Pay raise after 90 days
- Overtime pay or comp time option
- On-call pay and Call-out pay
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Paid heath, vision, dental insurance (employee 100%, family 80%)
- Paid life insurance
- Professional conferences. License and certification training and renewal.
- State employee retirement (APERS)
- Coordinates with Public Works Director and Public Works personnel.
- Responsible for field work results and leading the work of field personnel.
- Implementation of effective operational programs and procedures.
- Administers long-range plans and policy development.
- Attends professional conferences and training as required.
- Demonstrates a culture of customer service and professional cooperation.
- Assesses job sites and guides safe working procedures for field personnel.
- Installs, operates, and maintains water distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, stormwater systems and their components.
- Maintains streets, parks, and City buildings.
- Ensures equipment, and materials are properly maintained, stocked, and inventoried.
- Assists in employee training and performance evaluations.
- Performs other duties and tasks as required or assigned.
- 21 years of age.
- High school graduate or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Must pass a background investigation including a good driving record and drug test.
- Must have or obtain an Arkansas Grade II or higher Water Distribution System Operator license before start of employment.
- Three (3) years of water distribution system experience including at least one (1) year firsthand experience in distribution system maintenance and repair.
- Must have a driver’s license valid in Arkansas.
- Must have or obtain an Arkansas Class B or higher CDL with air brake endorsement within six (6) months of the start of employment.
- Must have or obtain certification as a Competent Person Excavation within one (1) year of the start of employment.
- Must have or obtain certification as a Traffic Flagger within one (1) year of the start of employment.
- Experience or training in management, supervision, or leadership.
- Available for standby and call-out rotation.
- May consider any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Note: All City of Cave Springs employees are required to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain cooperative and effective working relationships, have non-disruptive regular and reliable attendance, and act in a safe manner at all times.
- Applicable Associate or Bachelor degree
- Arkansas Grade III or Grade IV Water Distribution System Operator license.
- Arkansas Wastewater Treatment Operator license.
- Three (3) years of firsthand experience in water distribution system maintenance and repair.
- Experience reading water meters manually and using radio AMR.
- Experience with utility personnel supervision.
- Proficient in operating excavation equipment for water line or sewer line repairs.
- MS4 Storm Water Management Training, Certification and Experience.
- Flood Plane Administrator Training, Certification and Experience.
A background investigation will be conducted before employment can begin.
A full job description and application are available by contacting the Mayor by mail or email.
Please submit a completed application/resume, with salary history, via mail or email to:
Mayor Randall J. Noblett
City of Cave Springs
PO Box 36
Cave Springs, AR 72718
Phone: (479) 248-1040 Ext.6
Cell: (479) 644-3149