BUDGET ANALYST 2021-01800
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
As an employer of choice, the City provides a base compensation and total rewards structure that is highly competitive.
The starting rate of pay for this position will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$19.75 $22.71 $23.80 $29.51
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Assist with the coordination and production of a Mayor proposed budget and a City Council adopted budget including sufficient data to address the financial plan, operational planning, and policy directives of the City.
- Assist with the coordination and production of a proposed Five-Year Capital Improvements Program and a City Council adopted Five-Year Capital Improvements Program including detailed project descriptions.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the budget adjustment log. Reconcile the log to the entries of budget adjustments in the applicable financial system. Prepare schedules necessary for annual audit requirements.
- Assist on special projects with the Budget Director and the Chief Financial Officer to provide reports and recommendations regarding City operations and city-wide policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain Capital Improvement Program and budget systems software utilizing commercially available database, spreadsheet, and word processing software applications.
- Respond to information requests from Budget Director or City Staff by creating reports in applicable financial system or utilizing applicable report writing software package.
- Analyze and evaluate capital project and operational budget submissions for accuracy and funding requirements. Perform financial analyses as needed to determine break-even, net present value, return on investment, cost-benefit, fiscal impact and cost effectiveness.
- Assist in the development and updating of the Cost Allocation and User Fee Plans. Analyze all areas for cost finding, indirect cost allocation and activity based costing. Prepare reports and presentations as needed to comply with management requests.
- Assist in the monitoring and updating of the long range forecast including analyzing revenues and expenditures to develop five-year projections.
- Analyze reported cost information from the Municipal Management System to validate against actual activity recorded in the City's financial system. Develop reports as necessary for management requirements.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four year college or university in Accounting or Finance or other related area and two years of related experience.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check, including but not limited to convictions, guilty pleas, or no contest pleas to violent offenses, theft offenses and any offense under A.C.A. 21-15-103 and A.C.A. 21-15-111.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and related software programs such as word processing and presentation applications. Must be highly proficient in spreadsheet applications. Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- Must have the ability to become proficient in utilizing the City's financial and budgeting software applications.
- Must be able to use mathematics involving the practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to move from location to location and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities to accomplish computer and office work.
- Knowledge of relational database systems, data warehousing, business intelligence tools, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL, preferred.