Camp Counselor, Dispatcher 911, Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
CITY OF FAYETTEVILLE-HR Fayetteville, AR Full-time Education
Posted on May 1, 2021
CAMP COUNSELOR (TEMPORARY/PART-TIME) PARKS 2021 - 01677
$11.00 - $12.00 Hourly
PARKS & RECREATION (520)
- Essential Job Duties
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Responsible for supervising and instructing participants in the Parks & Recreation Summer Camps in a safe and friendly environment.
- Report to work promptly as scheduled with proper attire, and be ready to supervise camp participants thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of camp.
- Assist in organizing and implementing activities for camp participants.
- Monitor camp participants at all times.
- Assist with the set-up and tear-down of all camp related activities.
- Instruct and lead participants through daily activities
- Be alert, professional, courteous and always tactful.
- Respond to any injured participant with proper first aid care and complete paperwork regarding accidents.
- Interact with and supervise campers in a manner which protects their health and well-being.
- Attend staff and training sessions as required.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Competency in one or all of the activities (including but not limited to) - Tennis, Soccer, Drama, Swimming, Rock Climbing, Kayak, Mountain Biking.
- Extensive experience working with children.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Ability and interest to learn new teaching techniques, child management skills.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check, including but not limited to convictions, guilty pleas, or no contest pleas to violent offenses, theft offenses, offenses against children, and any offense that would qualify to prevent a person from obtaining an Arkansas teaching certificate (A.C.A. 6-17-410).
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification prior to beginning of camps. (If necessary, Parks Department will provide training for certification upon hire.)
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.