CONSTRUCTION LEAD MAINTENANCE WORKER
CONSTRUCTION LEAD MAINTENANCE WORKER (CONCRETE) 2022-02047
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
Safety/Security Sensitive Designation:
This is a safety/security sensitive position for purposes of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment and is subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities which may include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the City's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for crew maintaining all equipment and material used on a daily basis.
- Basic understanding of shop drawing and plans as related to streets, sidewalks, trails and drainage. Utilize transit to shoot and set grade.
- Prepare daily reports to record materials, labor hours and equipment for system entry.
- Provide initial citizen contact on work sites.
- Responsible for usage of P-card for purchases of materials needed for completion of job task.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Perform secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required. Four (4) years of related experience, education and/or training.
- Must possess a valid driver's license. Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- Must obtain a Class A CDL within 120 days of hire date.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in or have the ability to become proficient in the use of a computer as it relates to specific software programs such as timekeeping (NovaTime) or work order processing (Hansen). Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- Proficient in the use of heavy equipment such as dozer, grader, bobcat, roller, track loader, dump truck, concrete finisher, etc. Be proficient or have the ability to become proficient in shooting and setting grade.
- Ability to operate all specialized and heavy equipment and provide training for equipment. Ability to provide proper training of personnel as to correct construction methods and equipment usage.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear as necessary for safety reasons or to operate specific equipment. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and risk of vibration.