Equipment Mechanic 1
EQUIPMENT MECHANIC I 2021-01840 (9:30AM - 6:00PM Monday-Friday)
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
Safety/Security Sensitive Designation:
This is a safety/security sensitive position for purposes of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment.
The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$14.96 $17.20 $18.03 $22.36
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members, of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Perform inspection and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment and components.
- Troubleshoot and perform routine repair of vehicle components, electrical systems, brake systems, air and hydraulic systems, gasoline and diesel engines, manual and automatic transmissions.
- Replace and/or repair tires and tire/wheel assemblies. Assist in maintenance of stock or spare tires and wheels.
- Install specialized vocational equipment, lights, markings, and accessories to new and existing fleet equipment.
- Keep records of time and parts used in repairs. Complete work orders and technical notes of repairs needed and performed on fleet management software.
- Place requests for replacement parts with the Fleet Warehouse.
- Perform road calls for minor repair or breakdown; deliver and return vehicles to shop.
- Must be available to work shifts during emergency situations such as snow, ice, storms or other catastrophic events,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED and one year of related experience. In lieu of one year of related experience, an equivalent combination of related education and experience will be considered.
- Must possess valid Driver's License. Possession of a Class "B" CDL preferred.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment and operation of a repair shop engaged in repair of gasoline and diesel powered equipment. Knowledge of automotive maintenance repair and testing. Must be able to effectively operate standard mechanic repair equipment and diagnostic tools.
- Must have general knowledge of safety equipment and practices used in the operation of a vehicle/equipment maintenance facility. This includes hazards and safety precautions of heavy-duty maintenance and repair work, availability and proper use of safety equipment and supplies.
- Must be able to effectively operate tools for heavy-duty mechanical maintenance and repair, special diagnostic and mechanical adjustment equipment and various types of vehicles and equipment.
- Must be able to use a computer and related software programs. Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high precarious places; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of vibration and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
- Availability for emergency on-call rotation preferred.