Maintenance Worker II Facilities Management
MAINTENANCE WORKER II FACILITIES MANAGEMENT 2021 - 01712
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$14.96 $17.20 $18.03 $22.36
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of their own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Perform general labor, grounds keeping activities and building maintenance functions.
- Respond to service calls for electrical, plumbing and HVAC repair.
- Provide carpentry, drywall and painting services as needed in the completion of remodels and other assignments.
- Respond to emergency needs – severe weather, fire and equipment malfunctions.
- Perform safety inspections of buildings and grounds.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED and three years of construction experience and/or skilled trade experience required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check, including but not limited to convictions, guilty pleas, or no contest pleas to violent offenses, theft offenses and any offense under A.C.A. 21-15-103.
- Proficient in HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry trades.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Proficient in the use of all related maintenance and construction tools as well as lawn care tools. Must be able to operate light trucks, lifts and bucket trucks.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of vibration.The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.