Maintenance Worker IV Asphalt
MAINTENANCE WORKER IV (ASPHALT) 2021-01733
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$ 14.96 $17.20 $18.03 $22.36
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Provide supervision of Maintenance III and other workers in the absence of the Crew Leader or lead workers.
- Operate specialized heavy equipment such as asphalt paver, milling machine, sweeper, oil truck, and other specialized heavy equipment
- Operate heavy construction equipment such as, dozer, gradall, backhoe, grader, bobcat skid loader, dump truck, front end loader and rollers.
- Assist with basic grade construction of streets and trails.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Move equipment and materials to and from job sites.
- Maintain equipment through daily maintenance, checks and grease applications.
- Removal of snow and ice from City roads.
- Traffic control and assistance with moving traffic through and/or around job sites.
- Perform secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED and 18 months of related experience or training.
Must possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Knowledgeable in the use of heavy equipment, such as pavers, milling machine, backhoe, dozer, front end loader, gradall, grader, rollers, skid loaders, dump truck, salt truck, sweeper, oil truck etc. preferred.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear for safety reasons or to operate specific equipment. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electric shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.