Public Works Projects Inspector
PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS INSPECTOR 2021-01701
- Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.The starting rate of pay for this position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate determined will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$17.84 $20.52 $21.49 $26.65
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of their own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Perform visual site inspections of construction projects.
- Perform pressure and leakage testing of waterlines.
- Perform low pressure air test on sanitary sewer mains and vacuum test manholes.
- Inspect Storm Water Management and Erosion Control.
- Inspect street subgrade preparation and compaction testing.
- Inspect street base course preparation and compaction testing.
- Inspect curb and gutter construction.
- Inspect asphalt paving operations and testing.
- Sample all new water lines and take samples to Health Department, notify contractor of results.
- Inspect drainage system construction such as detention ponds, inlet boxes and storm sewer piping.
- Conduct final inspections at project completion with contractors and engineers before project acceptance by the City.
- Inspect driveway approaches, sidewalks and ADA access ramps.
- Participate in meetings with pre-construction contractors and engineers as required.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED and four years of related experience. Four years of basic construction experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, area, circumference, and slope.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and related software programs. Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- Physical abilities to regularly talk and hear due to safety issues and/or to work around certain equipment; stand and walk between various external locations; regularly use arms, hands, and fingers to handle, and feel; regularly reach with hands and arms; regularly sit, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds.
- Employee will regularly be exposed to outside weather conditions, traffic hazards and heavy construction equipment. Employee is regularly required to traverse uneven terrain. Employee will frequently work in confined spaces. Employee will occasionally be exposed to wet conditions, moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA VETERANS/DISABILITY