YRCC Camp Counselor
CITY OF FAYETTEVILLE-HR Fayetteville, AR Full-time Education
Posted on April 3, 2021
YRCC CAMP COUNSELOR (Part-time / Temporary) 2021-01682
$11.00 - $12.00 Hourly
PARKS & RECREATION (520)
- Essential Job Duties
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive
- Provide general facility supervision and customer service for all YRCC programs, events, participants and facility patrons during scheduled and unscheduled events.
- Check to ensure facilities are adequately prepared, maintained, suitable, and safe for internal and external program and event use. Clean and/or re-stock the facility as may be necessary to ensure excellent customer service is delivered.
- As assigned, oversee volunteers, interns and/or community service workers.
- Build positive rapport with internal customers (colleagues) and external customers (citizens).
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Assist in the administration of the YRCC office including but not limited to performing general data entry and accurate record keeping, assisting with camp registration, annual memberships, contract agreements, facility rentals, incident reports, accident reports, volunteer and community service applications and delivering program information (i.e. programs details, updates, scheduling, etc.).
- Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of YRCC programs such as Summer Fun4Kids and Summer Fun4Teens camp including but not limited to transporting program participants to off-site activities, maintaining camp rosters, maintaining behavioral logs & complying with the summer food program requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- Education and/or experience providing public service to children in recreation, community based programs, physical education, or a closely related field preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and be able to drive a 15 passenger van.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check, including but not limited to convictions, guilty pleas, or no contest pleas to violent offenses, theft offenses, offenses against children, and any offense that would qualify to prevent a person from obtaining an Arkansas teaching certificate (A.C.A 6-17-410).
- CPR and First Aid Certification preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
- Must be flexible and dependable to work evenings and weekends on a consistent basis.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and related software programs and be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
EOE AA Veteran/Disability