The City of Johnson is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/EMT. This position offers a competitive starting wage and a complete benefits package of LOPFI retirement, paid health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave. The successful candidate will demonstrate the desire to help others, protect lives, property, and environment and be able to work well within a team setting. The successful candidate will have qualities such as good physical fitness, self-confidence, resilience, good communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess valid driver's license
- At least 21 years of age
- Must pass a physical agility test
- Must pass drug screen tests and background checks
- No domestic violence or any felony convictions
- Must pass a medical physical exam
Must Meet at Least one of the following qualifications:
- Academy Certified Firefighter
- Licensed Emergency Medical Technician or higher
- 12 hours of College Core Classes
- At least 2 years in the military with an honorable discharge
The City of Johnson is an EOE and a drug-free workplace.