Bus Technician/Lube Technician
Gravette Public Schools
Position Title: BUS TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: Facilities/Transportation Director
EVALUATED BY: Facilities/Transportation Director
PURPOSE OF JOB: Performs routine and preventative maintenance on district vehicles and buses. Substitute as a route or trip bus driver as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works under the supervision of the Transportation Director.
- Must have skills and proficiency in performing repairs, routine and preventive maintenance on district vehicles.
- Inspects, diagnoses and repair district vehicles. Performs tests and inspect buses to ensure that malfunctions have been corrected and vehicle is operating safely.
- Must work closely with Transportation Director to make sure vehicles are ready for activity trips.
- May perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment.
- Be responsible for the operational condition of the spare buses.
- Assures that buses conform to meet the Arkansas Department of Education inspections.
- Maintains a high level of safety standards at all times while performing the responsibilities of the position.
- Make sure that work areas are kept clean and not hazardous.
- Maintain shop equipment and keep tools in safe and proper working conditions and notify appropriate personnel of unsafe working conditions.
- Turns in completed work orders to the Transportation Director for vehicle files.
- Assists with the purchase of parts, supplies and tools.
- Will be required to be a substitute bus driver.
- Needs to be able to operate a computer to diagnose engine, transmission, body and chassis systems.
- Assists with driver training in the areas of daily pre-trip and bus components.
- Attends appropriate workshops and training programs as assigned by the Transportation Director.
- Perform all other duties pertaining to the daily operation and maintenance of the districts buses and vehicles.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor or building principal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Applicants are to have or in the process of obtaining a class B CDL with school bus endorsement, air brake endorsement and passenger endorsement. Applicants must pass a DOT physical, pre-employment drug and background check before being eligible for employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel, lifting, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 100 lbs.
Training will be provided. Applications are available online at gravetteschools.net. For more information you may call Richard Carver at (479) 787-4100 Option 6.