Working under routine supervision, the position is responsible for on-boarding Direct to Work commercial and non-commercial qualified company drivers to fill openings within J.B. Hunt.
*Up to $4.00 added to hourly pay rate with our weekly hiring incentives!!!*
- Develop and maintain relationships with driver-applicants through verbal and written communication to ensure engagement and readiness through the onboarding process
- Utilize company systems to document all contact with driver-applicants to improve internal communications and maintain compliance
- Request, order, and provide driver applicants’ travel arrangements using company software and communicating with Account Managers for potential hotel arrangements and details
- Order driver-applicants’ pre-employment screenings using company software to ensure DOT and company standards are met
- Compose pertinent electronic documentation for safety and compliance personnel using internal and external systems required for company policies and DOT regulations
- Inform driver-applicants who do not meet hiring requirements that they are currently ineligible, but keep the driver interested in working for J.B. Hunt at future time
- Continue to sell driver-applicants and make sure they have all pertinent information by referring to job descriptions and onboarding location information provided to the incumbent
- Schedule qualified driver-applicants for onboarding and gather all required DOT and company paperwork for applicants using multiple systems to ensure DOT requirements are met before hire
- Take phone applications for prospective drivers using online software to screen and ensure quality driver-applicants are provided as potential hires
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic time management skills
- Proficient active listening skills