Dental Assistant - Chairside Lab Technician
Join National Dentex - a leading healthcare organization specializing in the dental industry. We offer a full spectrum of specialized products, services, and technologies to address any dental restoration need. Currently, we have 60+ labs throughout the country. Our team is growing, and we are seeking to fill a number of key positions within our organization including this opportunity with NDX Green in Heber Springs for a Full-Time Chairside Technician based in the Northwest Arkansas Area. The ideal candidate for this position needs to reside in the Northwest Arkansas Area and will cover the Northwest Arkansas, Southwest Missouri, and Northeast Oklahoma region.
The regular hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time. A company vehicle is provided for travel.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Assist our dentist base chair side in taking difficult shades.
- Match patient dentition by custom staining porcelain and porcelain-to-metal restorations.
- Perform minor porcelain repairs such as adding contacts, healing fractures, minor recontouring, and reglazing.
- Advise dentists on prepping procedures for all-porcelain restorations, in seating difficult or complex, crown and bridge cases, on planning implant restoration cases, in prepping custom implant posts, in taking implant restoration impressions, in implant bar and framework try-ins, in seating implant restorations and/or assist dentists with precision attachment cases.
- Call on new dentists to acquaint them with laboratory services with a view to establishing new accounts.
- Call on existing accounts to advice of new services, help with problems and maintain friendly relations.
- Requisition needed supplies and keep all necessary equipment maintained and sterilized as needed.
- Follow up on cases in lab as needed to advise or instruct in-house technicians on needed procedures.
- Check appointment book regularly for additions or corrections to chairside schedules and/or special instructions.
- Attend dental shows and seminars as laboratory representatives.
- Maintain inventory of supplies used for chairside services.
- Advise and assist dentists with denture procedures.
- Assist with dental office staff training in the areas of materials use, model pouring, fabricating temporaries, and shade taking.
- Maintain an excellent driving record, observing all rules of the road and proper safety at all times.
- Maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Personable individual with excellent oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Acceptable driving record
- Technical skills to handle all required chairside services
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with dentists and patients
- Patience in dealing with potentially frustrating situations
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Chairside Dental Assisting and Dental Technician experience - Minimum of 5 yrs. experience required
- Maintain Healthcare Provider CPR/1st Aid Certificate
- Valid driver’s license
Hazardous Materials or Equipment Used:
- Ceramic Ovens
- Impression Materials
- Hand pieces
- Staining Materials
- Cement/Bonding Materials
- Etching Acid
Physical Requirements (If an essential function of the job):
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and/or reach.
- Exhibit fine motor skills and/or perform repetitive motions.
- Read and interpret prescriptions and other required documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information.
- Vision capabilities: depth perception, attention to detail, and/or color.